Friday, July 11, 2014

Bagworms

Over the past month, I have watched as an arborvitae about a mile from my house has been decimated by bagworms. It is not a pretty sight. Then, yesterday, as I was returning from my mailbox I happened to see out of the corner of my eye, something moving in my Blue Spruce. When I stopped to get a closer look I saw several very small bagworms hanging from my tree. The more I looked, the more I saw! I pulled several off and disposed of them but I suppose I'll be doing the same thing this afternoon when I get home. Thankfully, they seem to be concentrated at one location on one side of the tree. I hate bagworms!

For information on bagworms, their prevention and control, see the following link:

http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/ent/notes/O&T/trees/ort081e/ort081e.htm





No comments: